Re: application.php update (was Re: GNOME Foundation Membership - Renewal accepted)

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 11:58 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
On Mer 15 septembre 2004 11:25, Vincent Untz a Ãcrit :
I'm curious to know what was needed to fix the application form? I think
that what broke it is the update of the website, but I'm not sure...

Was it the same problem than the one you described in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/membership-committee/2004-May/msg00019.html?

If so, this means we should remove the <?xml line from cvs before
updating the web site again, am I right?

No, the <?xml line is perfectly valid. Forget that post. You don't need
to update anything.

When I made that post, I hadn't discovered the 'short_open_tag' option,
so I worked around it by using PHP to output the initial <?xml line. I
must've been having a dumb moment.

When I looked at the problem again yesterday, I figured that we needed
to stop PHP from treating the first line (the XML document declaration)
as PHP code just because it started with '<?'. That's when I discovered
the 'short_open_tag' PHP ini-file option, and disabled it, which was
what fixed the problem.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.sect.language-options.php

--
Ross