[RENEWAL] Application received from Francisco de Urquijo (urquijo AT servidor.unam.mx)

Name: Francisco de Urquijo
E-mail: urquijo AT servidor.unam.mx
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any):
cvs.gnome.org username (if any):

Previous GNOME Foundation member: yes

(in particular in France, the Netherlands and Spain), Venezuela and México.

Detailed description:
There is an urgent need for reenginering the global economy. In many ways the 50 years of digital revolution
had seen major improvements on the Hardware side (million times). The software side improvements are no yet
that impressive, so the combination of both (Hardware and Software), could do much better, and its benefits
had not reflected on as many people on earth.

The key for a much better results at the software side is: to have a solid, standarized, free, universal,
powerfull, platform on where to build the solutions.

With a software platform like GNOME the economy, education, entretainment, academic research, etc.,
activities are going finally to change.

So we need a Free Network Object Model Environemt (GNOME), that is changing the basis where the world works.

Contacts:
Miguel de Icaza
Federico Mena
Nat Friedman

www.puebla.gob.mx/gobierno/francisco02_cur.html

http://2003.gulev.org.mx/invitado.php

http://www.estandaresabiertos.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=46

http://www.opensourceworldconference.com/2004/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=30&MMN_position=51:26:27

www.uneteya.org

www.metadata.org.mx/subnodofuturomexico/

What we do is long (or very long) term work.

We have already some good results, but the best is yet to come.

Regards,

Francisco

[Application received at Fri Oct 29 18:03:16 2004 (Eastern time)]