Re: Anonymous Voting Referendum - Preliminary results

Le mercredi 20 octobre 2004 Ã 09:37 +1000, Malcolm Tredinnick a Ãcrit :
On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 14:23 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
On Lun 11 octobre 2004 20:16, Vincent Untz a Ãcrit :
If the results are not challenged, then the results of future elections
and referenda will be anonymized.

When Glynn announced the position of the board on the anonymous voting
referendum [1], he mentioned that the membership committee needed some
help, mainly for coding a script. It'd be great if the votes for the
forthcoming elections could be anonymous, but right now, it doesn't seem
we'll be able to make this happen.

So if you have too much free time and some python skills, and if you'd
like to help us, please get in touch with the membership committee.

What needs to be done? I have the Python skills. I'll make time to write
whatever we need this Saturday.

Hi Malcolm,

This is good news! Thanks!

We made a design [1] some times ago. I'm not sure it can be considered
as final, but "translating" this in python would be a good foundation
(we could tweak the script a bit after that). If you find some flaws in
the design, feel free to address them. If you have some ideas, feel free
to implement them. Really, the idea is to have a script we can build
upon.

Thanks again,

Vincent

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/membership-committee/2004-March/msg00116.html