Re: Where GNOME Developers live

Sending again with a correct board address :-)

Vincent

Le mercredi 28 janvier 2004, a 00:49, Vincent Untz a ecrit :
Le mercredi 28 janvier 2004, a 09:45, Malcolm Tredinnick a ecrit :
Debian is one large project that has collected similar information. They
do it on a strictly volunteer basis: developers (or maybe just
maintainers -- not sure) can supply latitude and longitude or something
similar and then they can make cool pictures, etc.

I should have mentioned it: the plan is to do it the Debian way.

So having a place that people can send their details if they wish would
be reasonable.

I would be very much against requiring physical addresses on membership
applications. Requiring it purely for demographic reasons seems somewhat
frivolous and I cannot think of any other reason we would need it (I am
probably slightly biased on this, since I already think we are already
far too careless with what is essentially personal data in the
membership applications).

Totally agree.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.

--