Re: Where GNOME Developers live

Le mardi 27 janvier 2004, a 16:57, Tim Ney a ecrit :
Hello Vincent,

Hi Tim!

I often am asked about the geography and regional concentrations of
GNOME developers. Making a determination by e-mail domains wouldn't
be fruitful and assessing geography for people who commit to CVS
wouldn't be non-trivial or a complete representation.

Luis asked for this some months ago too.

Do you have any ideas?  Might it make sense to ask for a physical
address as part of the foundation membership application/renewal
process?

This is exactly the plan. I'm waiting for our new "membership management
platform" (or whatever we'll call it). It'll use a database and some
online form, so it'll be really easier to add stuff like this. Right
now, because we're using manually edited flat files, it's not really
possible to handle this.

Eric is working on this. I'm not sure what's the status right now. Eric
can answer this better than me.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.