Re: Recruiting new people into the committee

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 11:34:19AM +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Here's a quick draft of a mail I'd like to send to foundation-list and
gnome-love. This is based on what was sent in august 2002.
As membership-committee archives are publicly available, I don't know if
it's a good idea that candidates send their candidacy there...

What do you think of the draft? I'm sure it can deal with some love.

Vincent

===

Hi,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee is looking for new members. If
you think you may be interested in volunteering, read on...

What does the Membership Committee do?
--------------------------------------
There are some more current challenges too:
  * build a new infrastructure for handling memberships

Vincent-

I think we should make this point more general.  Right now we're
needing a new infrastructure to handle memberships.  However in the
future we might need other infrastructure updates, similar to the hack
you had to do for the md5 sums for the election.  Maybe we should have
the point be:

* upgrade and maintain the infrastructure for tracking memberships and
  running elections.

Eric Baudais

--
They give you illusion that has the appearance of truth.  I give you
truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.