Application received from Taneem Ahmed (taneem bengalinux org)

Name: Taneem Ahmed
E-mail: taneem bengalinux org
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): taneem
cvs.gnome.org username (if any): taneem

Detailed description:
I am the coordinator of Bengali translation team. Beside that I have done small fixes to pango for Bengali
rendering.

Contacts:
Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>
Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>

I am the founder of Ankur Group (www.bengalinux.org), and we are working towarding supporting Bengali on
Linux. Personally I have submitted the bn_BD locale file to glibc, and also the Bengali "probhat" layout to
XFree86. I wrote a small Bengali spell checker using gnome, which also prints proper Bengali .ps using
OpenType and pango. I intend to port this part of the code to libgnomeprint as there is no such support right
now.

[Application received at Mon Sep 15 1:56:07 2003 (Eastern time)]