Re: Anonymous voting: how will we do it?

Hey,

I'm not sure the voting will be anonymous (has there been a final
decision?), but if it is, we need to figure a way to do this. The best
way I've found is this one:

      * we send a mail with a unique key to each member.
      * the members go to a webpage where they'll vote. To vote, they
        need to enter their key and choose up to 11 candidates.
      * the script sends the vote to vote gnome org and, if the member
        has specified an e-mail address, bcc the mail to this address.
        This way, the mail will be anonymous and archived.
      * people can override their vote if they want by returning to
        the webpage.

This sounds good to me - although I'd almost think that they should
input the unique key *and* email address to start with [just for
authentication], and then provide a check box with '[] Make my vote
public!' or something like that.

Is it a problem that people will not be able to vote by mail? If that's
a real problem, we may try to hack some things with procmail.

I would guess for convenience more than anything else. I don't think
having a web form is going to be too difficult for people to handle
though.

Thanks Vincent, you rock!

Glynn