[RENEWAL] Application received from Anna Marie Dirks (anna ximian com)

Name: Anna Marie Dirks
E-mail: anna ximian com
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): anna
cvs.gnome.org username (if any): anna

Previous GNOME Foundation member: yes

I have led the effort to introduce usability testing into the gnome development process by:
1) teaching developers how to do it at the GUADECs and the Boston Summit
2) publishing a free guide online for anyone who wants to do usability testing of free software to use it
3) conducting usability testing sessions over IRC with developers from WIPRO, Sun, and the gnome-usability
community

I am in charge of Evolution's user interface, and as such have spent 2.5 years making sure that GNOME has an
easy to use, robust, learnable groupware app to help make it a complete desktop.

I designed the UIs for the Gnome System Tools. (except for the Print one)

I have frequently served as a consultant for Jody Goldberg when he needed usability input for Gnumeric.

I maintain the usbaility gnome org mailing list, and try to keep it a spam-free haven for people interested
in learning about and improving usability wrt GNOME.

Contacts:
ettore ximian com (Evolution technical lead)
jody ximian com (Gnumeric project maintainer)
chema ximian com (Gnome Love project lead, System Tools maintainer)

[Application received at Wed Sep 18 18:37:30 2002 (Eastern time)]