[RENEWAL] Application received from David Abilleira Freijeiro (david1 abilleira com)

Name: David Abilleira Freijeiro
E-mail: david1 abilleira com
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): odaf
cvs.gnome.org username (if any): odaf

Previous GNOME Foundation member: yes

Detailed description:
I've contributed to GNOME in his first and early times. I wrote the gnome-font-picker widget, and submit some
patches to GTK+ in times before 1.2.

After that I discontinued my work in GNOME and in fact some other people had to mantain the little things
I've done. :-(

I've been always with an eye put in returning to help in GNOME development and some months ago I could began
to help again.

What I've done this last months is a backport of GNOME 2 full set of RPMS done by Frederic Crozat for
Mandrake 9.0 (the cooker ones actually) to Mandrake 8.2, making them available for testing to Mandrake Club
members (http://www.mandrakeclub.com) and they will be in  all mandrake mirrors when I they were considered
as done (not testing).

My interest now is to continue helping to have an up to date GNOME desktop in Mandrake linux stable
distribution and while doing it finding and solving the bugs I can.

I don't know if these things qualify me as a Gnome Foundation member but as a legacy one I want to express my
interest in continue here.

Regards.

Contacts:
Gnome Font Picker source code. Author: David Abilleira, cvs username odaf.
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=libgnomeui/libgnomeui/gnome-font-picker.c&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=libgnomeui/libgnomeui/AUTHORS&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome

Some patches (search for "abilleira"):
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=gtk%2b/ChangeLog.pre-1-2&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=gtk%2b/ChangeLog.pre-1-0&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome

Mandrake Club RPMS:
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPM&func=info_page&RID=24
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPM&func=info_page&RID=254

Some more actual patches:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2002-August/msg00079.html

[Application received at Thu Oct 31 5:00:20 2002 (Eastern time)]