Re: Membership duration between renewals

Andy,

Le Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:44:45 -0700 (PDT), Andy Tai a ecrit :

The new membership guideline defines renewals on a
yearly basis.  However, the bylaws of the GNOME
Foundation (Section 4 of Article 6) define membership
terms to be two years.  One would assume that the
bylaws have higher status and will override the
membership guidelines in the case of conflict.

Is this right that the membership committee should
operate following the bylaws and then the membership
guidelines, in that order, and treats all members as
if they only need to renew every two years?

I think you're right to suppose so, but this has to be clarified by the
board.

One other thing I was wondering about the yearly renewals in the new
guidelines is: when do members have to renew ? Do they have to renew
every January 1st (for example) or exactly one year after their
membership was approved ?

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.