Re: time to resume work?

Hi Vincent,

        It's fine wityh me. Go for it.

-Ghee

From: Vincent Untz <vincent vuntz net>
To: Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com>
Cc: membership-committee gnome org
Subject: Re: time to resume work?
<mailto:membership-committee-request gnome org?subject=unsubscribe>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:06:52 +0200

Le 06 Oct 2002 22:31:29 +0100, Glynn Foster a ecrit :

Yeah, this looks great....although I'm guessing that it would be good
to announce the elections real soon now, so that people have time to
think whether they will stand for candidacy or not.

Is everybody okay with the calendar ? If so, we can send it to
foundation-list.

We should start to
put together guidelines of what is expected from each candidate, and
indeed, start to think about the questions that we ask all candidates.

What was expected from candidates last year ? I thought they just needed
to be a Foundation member.

I just read a bit from the charter :
'Prior to each election, the board of directors shall determine the
number of board seats for the next year.'

I'll write the board to ask them for that number and to figure if they
have a list of questions for the candidates. I'm really tired right now,
so it will wait until tomorrow.

[...]

I'm sure there's heaps of stuff that we need to get done - since I
wasn't involved in the elections process last year, I'm not entirely
sure what's needed to be done with the voting scripts and the mailing
of the ballots.....we should probably ask Mike if he's willing to give
some guidance on this stuff...

I'll be glad to work with Mike again. Can someone send him an email ?
I'll do that tomorrow too, if nobody has done so.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.