Re: Slow startup under Windows10

Thank you for your tips.

My response was delayed since I was in hospital this week.

Aha, so actually, I was using the dormant Meld when I click on the Meld icon and thought I was starting meld afresh. But I think if we can keep meld active like this, maybe I can live with it until someone figures out why meld starts slowly under windows.

I am trying to sync my Dropbox directory under windows with a copy of shared folder with a copy of linux  in VirtualBox when I noticed the issue.

Thank you again for sharing the great package. Within the linux instance in VirtualBox, I am trying to merge my rather large change to Mozilla thunderbird mail client to let it use buffered write and since the original tree changes greatly since my patch was applied cleanly to it, I have to carefully monitor the change and merge the change to the local tree before submitting the change to thunderbird tree.
Meld is indispensable for this work.

Thank you again.

Regards,
Chiaki