Re: ctrl+tab switching

Using Meld 3.21.0 from
https://download.gnome.org/sources/meld/3.21/meld-3.21.0.tar.xz
on Ubuntu 20.04 (Ubuntu 18.04 doesn't have gtksourceview4) with gnome-shell 3.36.4 in the local directory without installing.

Firstly some more exposure: changes in meld/resources/meld.css show an effect, for example increasing the status bar border width is reflected upon relaunching the application. Also, changes in meld/accelerators.py work, e.g. rebinding 'view.go-to-line' to any other non-reserved key.

I applied the patch to these two files and double checked manually, but without success: Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab just cycle through the UI elements, i.e. top bar, left half of the source view, right half of the source view.

Now I'm not sure if the "next pane" concept refers to just that, switching between left and right. Or if it actually should cycle through the tabs that appear in the top row, which is what I want, as outlined in the original post. That would be "notebook page" concept relevant to the "notebook.set_current_page()" code, e.g. tabbing through 20 comparisons opened from a directory diff view.

I tried

    'view.next-pane': ('<Alt>Page_Down', '<Primary>Tab', '<Primary>J'),

which adds Ctrl+J to the - to me useless - left/right switching behaviour. So independently from the unbinding, 'view.next-pane' appears to be the wrong functionality.

I'm simply searching for a way to bind the Ctrl+Tab accelerator to something like this pseudocode:

    notebook.set_current_page(get_current_page()+1)  # respectively -1

Am I understanding this correctly?

Best
Donjan