Re: A key binding for: Close file window and save as needed

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 at 05:33, Sven Hartrumpf <hartrumpf gmx net> wrote:

Hi.

I am a happy meld user; saves me a lot of time and increases merge quality :-)

My typical tasks are 3-way merges of directories with around 10000 small
files each. A task will show differences for 1-5 % of these files.
I work through the list, the job per file is typically quite simple
and does not involve a mouse for speed reasons:

1. merge 1 or 2 changes from B to A with Alt-Left (or similar)

2. Ctrl-w Tab Tab Tab Return (i.e. saving the modified file
  and returning to the directory view)

Instead of the 5 key presses in step 2, I am looking for a
shortcut: "Close file window and save as needed".
Or an option ("Save as needed without asking") so that Ctrl-w would
behave like 2.
Or ...

There's already an accelerator for the Save action, so step 2 should
be: Ctrl+w, Alt+S.

cheers,
Kai