Re: newest master commit c095b3be6d515c226495cbc8dc0c89d410102606 not running

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 23:20, Vasily Galkin via meld-list
<meld-list gnome org> wrote:
<snip>
In short - I'm attaching is a prototype patch to meld that was tested on Debian to fix the problem above.

Yep, that looks pretty good to me. I've pushed your patch but also I
changed the signature to instead be more lenient and just went with:
    self.init_template = lambda *args: None
which *should* work just fine for all cases. I haven't actually been
able to test this on newer pygobject, so if my change re-breaks things
then please let me know.

In addition, to get "gear" menu from window title working, the resources need to be compiled with:

glib-compile-resources --target=data/meld.gresource --sourcedir=meld/resources
meld/resources/meld.gresource.xml
<snip>

Yep, this is something I'll have to figure out. As far as I'm
concerned this is actually a GTK+ bug (i.e., that some auto-loaded
resources don't get loaded from overlays) but realistically I think
we'll have to have a workaround. Probably I'll end up doing something
like we do for uninstalled dconf schema in bin/meld in
setup_settings() and just shelling out to compile the resources if
they're missing... but I was hoping to be able to do something nicer.

Digging a bit more, I found that the "Format as patch" dialog UI
- the 3-pane radiobuttons and reversing checkbox doesn't work.
The checkbox can be fixed by a simple addition of @Template.Callback()
but the radiobuttons don't

I've checked back to Meld 3.12 and the radiobuttons aren't working
there either. I feel like they would have been at that point, so maybe
GTK+ changed something that made our breakage (and it is definitely my
fault) actually not work. Either way, I've just pushed your patch and
a fix for the radiobuttons now.

cheers,
Kai