Re: Workaround for Appmenu missing in remote X session?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 20:28, MI <mi lists alma ch> wrote:
I realize that the Application menu in Gnome will be going away at some
point, and should fix this problem. But in the meantime I'm looking for
a workaround that lets me access the Meld preferences.

For what it's worth, this change has already happened in the current
master branch.

There's no other way to get to the preferences. The only thing I can
think of is to try to override the xsetting that we use to determine
this ("gtk-shell-shows-app-menu") though if your local environment is
different then that probably won't be what you want.

Of course, if you're happy to change the code, you can just change
meldwindow.py, and replace the line
        if not gtk_settings.props.gtk_shell_shows_app_menu:
with
        if True:
and it should just work.

cheers,