Re: File copy progress Bar

On 28 February 2018 at 12:56, Steve Houston <johnwoo4545 gmail com> wrote:
Hi

I really like this program and I have a suggestion, unless it's supposed to
be incorporated.  When using directory comparison, you can right click a
file and choose copy left/right.  There is no "File Operations" progress
bar/dialog box that appears.  So with larger files such as multi GB video
files, my window just goes to gray, and stays like that until finished.
Would be nice to display the file copy progress.

I agree! We have an open issue for it
(https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/meld/issues/19) but just no one has
got around to looking at it.

On a technical level, this would "just" look like moving our Python
stdlib copying to use gio, although that also entails some async
handling and a progress UI. It's not a massive task, but probably not
a tiny one either.

cheers,
Kai