incididunt ut labore et dolore magna

Hello,

Meld is absolutely great, so I thought that I could maybe ask on this
list if anyone here have seen a free implementation of a "longest common
substring" algorithm?

That's a tool I have had on top of my wish-list for years.

It would find and mark up "incididunt ut labore et dolore magna" in this
text:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim
veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut incididunt ut
labore et dolore magna aliquip ex ea commodo consequat."

I often find repeated phrases, or even snippets of texts, in policy
documents, and I am looking for a quicker way to find them than myself.

I think there are plagiarism-tools out there that can do this, but I'm
looking for something smalller that can present the "sims" just as
beautifully as the "diffs" in one single text.

If such tool does not exist yet, can I put it on a wish-list for Meld?

Best regards.

//Erik