Re: Suggestion to keep last 10 comparison history

On 12 October 2017 at 19:44, Amol Palshetkar <amol agdbio com> wrote:
Dear Sir,

I often use meld during development process and find it very very useful. Very often I need to compare same files/directory many times which are in many sub directories. If meld can show previous 10 comparison history for files as well as directory it would be very helpful. Just clicking on comparison history would open the comparison straight away. There would be no need to browse the path again for both source and destination.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're asking for. We already show the last 10 comparisons in the recently used menu, and support file, folder and version control comparisons in that.

Are you asking to have separate lists for files and folders? If so, I can understand why you'd want that, but we can't do it while using the default GTK+ recent chooser. It should be possible to implement our own, but I think we'd have to be careful in deciding whether that was worth the additional complexity.

cheers,
Kai