Re: Meld on Windows

On 21 June 2017 at 07:56, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt gmail com> wrote:
Now that I'm looking again, I think the Windows on DigitalOcean isn't officially supported, and I think you're right, you would have to maintain your own Windows license.

I saw the same thing, Appveyor was one of the first Google results 😀.  And I'm with you on the simpler is better, that was the reason I wondered about running Jenkins somewhere, it's simple and we all know how to use it.  Google Cloud looks like it has Windows images we could use.  I'll do some reading and see what seems simpler.

Awesome, thanks!

Agreed that Jenkins is straightforward and common, but honestly I am not familiar enough to know what would be involved in getting it to do clean builds every time (i.e., from a base windows image, installing all deps, etc.) rather than maintaining a build server.

If something else gets us that, then I am open to ideas.

My main concern here is that I'd prefer something where we could keep build config in the repo (mostly for bus factor reasons). The cost isn't a huge deal, but if it can be cheap enough that I don't really have to care (or free) then so much the better. Mainly, this just doesn't really *need* to be CI; it can be manually triggered and/or happen on a release trigger.

cheers,
Kai