Re: patch files with meld

On 28 July 2017 at 05:53, Péter Papp <peter papp p gmail com> wrote:
Hi Meld developers,

Would it be possible to add a feature to open patch files and have the
changes compared side by side? Like, I'm not even interested in seeing the
entire file, only the changes that I receive from someone else in a patch
file, which is the output of standard diff.

Just so I understand, you just want to see a patch, but split out into
a side-by-side view?

If so, that would be possible but... I'm not sure. That feels like
adding yet another mode to Meld to me, which is something I'd feel
pretty wary about. I feel like it should be possible to do this now
with a pre-processing script that splits the diff into two files and
then pipes those to Meld.

cheers,
Kai