Re: File Comparison and Directory Comparison behave different for line endings

On 8 September 2016 at 18:50, Fischer, Claudio <Claudio Fischer weinig com> wrote:
File Comparison and Directory Comparison behave different for line endings.

I have attached a zip with Folder1/main.c and Folder2/main.c

If I do "meld Folder2 Folder1" then I get the message
"empty folders" that means the folders seem to be identical.
See Screenshot1.jpg

If I do "meld Folder2/main.c Folder1/main.c" then I get the message
"files differ in line endings only" that means the files are different in line endings.
See Screenshot2.jpg

The files "main.c" are different in line endings.
File comparison seems to detect this, but Directory Comparison does not.

Would be great if Directory Comparison also detects and shows different file endings.

We already do this. These files do not show up if you don't have the "Same" file filter selected (because you've told Meld to apply text filters, and after filtering they are indeed the same). If you do, they will show up differently (italicised) to indicate that they were identical, but only after applying text filters (which includes normalising line endings). This is what your third screenshot shows.

Btw: does the text "empty folders" used in Directory Comparison mean identical folders?
If so, it would be nice to get the message "Folders have no differences" like when I activate
the "Same" Button in the Toolbar see Screenshot3.jpg.

I've just fixed this bug in current master. Thanks.

cheers,
Kai