Re: Question about navigation arrow in latest version of Meld

Le 02/05/2016 à 23:04, Kai Willadsen a écrit :
On 3 May 2016 at 05:40, Christophe JAILLET
<christophe jaillet wanadoo fr> wrote:
Then I installed the 3.16.0 again (sudo python setup.py install
--prefix=/usr)

I still have the same non-grayed arrow on the main window when I run 'meld'
(meld)
When I compare 2 files, it is the same (meld ~/1.txt ~/2.txt)

I don't know where this icons are located, so I don't know where to look
for.
There's no grayed-out version of the icons. We just set the buttons to
be insensitive and let GTK+ take care of the rest.

Can you actually click the incorrect actions? what happens when you
hover over the button, etc.?  I'm wondering if Ubuntu have changed the
drawing of insensitive buttons or something.
mouse over the button: help tooltip is displayed
mouse over an 'active' button: a rounded square is displayed around the icon
mouse over an 'inactive' button: NO rounded square displayed
Icon with a text (Cancel for example): text is grayed, but not the icon
Icon with a text (Cancel for example, when something can be cancelled): text is white
click on the button (when it should be grayed): no action

I can send screenshot if it helps.

I don't know if it helps, but some other applications have correct icon behavior (Geany and RapidSVN for example)

BTW, I noticed that the french translation was really outdated.
What is the process to propose an updated fr.po file?
Meld is translated by the Gnome translation team, so getting in touch
with them is the only real way. Translation updates are always
appreciated though!
Ok, thx.

In future, can you please keep emails on-list. It helps other people
who might be having similar problems.

cheers,
Kai
Sorry azbout that.
I'm used to newsgroup where reply are sent to the list by default. I didn't pay attention that it was not the case here.
I'll be more careful.

Best regards,
CJ