Re: Meld 3.15.2 for OSX

On 21 February 2016 at 20:22, Youssef A. Abou-Kewik
<youssef adnan gmail com> wrote:
Happy to announce that Meld 3.15.2 has been successfully packaged for OSX. I
created a github page for the OSX fork here: https://yousseb.github.io/meld/

Nice! At this point that actually looks quite a lot better than the
current Meld page itself. [1]

I'm running into some challenges getting the PR to apply, but I am
definitely keen to start at least getting the difference between the
two branches down, and I hope to be able to pull in all of your
changes before too long. I'll follow up on the PR itself when I get a
chance. Right now the main challenge is that there's no build story
for OSX (by which I mean, I don't have a mac and so can't build or
test it).

Meld 1.8 has been around for OSX for a while and was downloaded about 6,000
times although little pages linked to it. I'm hoping that the 3 series will
be even more successful.

Thanks for creating Meld, guys. You rock!

And thank you for doing this packaging work! I know from work friends
that having a real OSX package for Meld will make a lot of people very
happy.

cheers,
Kai

[1] Speaking of which, if anyone wants to do the work to make a nicer
Meld homepage... please let me know.