Re: darcs support

On 6 February 2016 at 02:34, Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh gmail com> wrote:
Dear Meld hackers,

I see that since version 3.15, the Darcs version control system is no
longer supported, due to a change in the API of Meld, and the cost of
maintaining Darcs compatibility.

I'd like to propose rewriting Darcs support for Meld. Since the 2.10.3
release of Darcs, there exists a command `darcs whatsnew
--machine-readable`which is quite easy to parse.

This would be great! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have
doing the reimplementation as well.

One thing I would like to get right are file moves, which are natively
supported in Darcs. I saw that Meld supports file moves in Bazaar. Is
it a good idea to copy the Bazaar module and adapt it to Darcs?

Generally speaking the git module is the most thorough and best
maintained, so when getting basic support correct that's where I'd
look. However, it also implements a lot of optional API that the other
modules don't, so it depends how much of that you're interested in
implementing.

For getting the file move annotations correct, I think the Bazaar
module is your only source of inspiration.

cheers,
Kai