Re: Meld 3.14.2 very slow

On 2016-08-30, aranarth freenet de <aranarth freenet de> wrote:

I used Meld before and it was fine. I don't know the version. Now, after
some time, with 3.14.2 it is incredibly slow. It takes ages (30+ minutes)
to check for differences. Then when I move a file, it again takes very long
for it to finish.

There was a bug introduced a while back that caused drastic slowdowns
if there were any text filters enabled.  The bug has been fixed, but I
don't recall if the fix is available in a released version yet. There
was a thread I started a few weeks ago about it that contains details.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! BELA LUGOSI is my
                                  at               co-pilot ...