Re: Meld for OSX binary updated to upstream version

On 23 April 2016 at 09:10, Youssef A. Abou-Kewik
<youssef adnan gmail com> wrote:
Meld 3.15.3 has been packaged for OS X and is available here
https://yousseb.github.io/meld. Since I'm pulling from master, the version
number reads 3.15.4, but it's really 3.15.3.

I will be more careful in the future to pull the exact tags before
packaging.

As a heads up, I'm planning on releasing 3.16.0 very soon... probably
within the next week, but I'll see.

As a secondary heads up, I'm *really hoping* that 3.17.x will involve
moving to Python 3. I really hope this doesn't cause any problems for
the OSX package, but if it does please raise them.

This release fixes a number of issues that we had in the past in the OSX
package. Most notably: this release no longer requires an extra wrapper as
the built-in wrapper handles args properly. Unfortunately, we still need the
built-in wrapper as there is one environment variable that needs to be
passed to Python that I can't figure out how to get rid of without modifying
the meld startup script.

Sounds good to me. Anything we can do to reduce the shims required for
OSX is good news.

Next on my todo: i18n support for the OSX package and code clean up to get
more of this fork into upstream meld.

So at the moment, most of this is still blocking on me getting access
to a mac to test/build things. I may have some options, but it's just
a matter of getting around to it.

PS: It would actually make sense to update the wiki to point to the website
instead of the old 1.8 release package as we have many 3.x releases that are
pretty stable at this point.

Yep, I'm fine with doing this. I've been holding off because thing
were still in flux, and then 3.15.x is still the unstable series. When
we get an OSX build of 3.16.0, I'll happily flip that over.

cheers,
Kai