Re: How to run latest meld on Ubuntu 10.04 ?

On 20 April 2015 at 23:38, David Aldrich <David Aldrich emea nec com> wrote:

Hi

I want to run the latest version of meld on Ubuntu 10.04.

I downloaded the meld source using:

So ~/meld contains the code.

I also installed Python 2.7.9, which is now at:

/usr/local/bin/python2.7

How would I now run meld?

Realistically, you can't without installing a long list of huge upgrades.

As already suggested, README has the requirements. In particular, the most recent Meld requires GTK+ 3.6 and associated GObject, which Ubuntu 10.04 doesn't have. The actual import error you're seeing is because gobject introspection isn't available.

cheers,
Kai