Re: Meld 1.x

Hi,

Hi all,

Future development of Meld is all going in to the 3.x series, and is
(mostly) coming along very nicely. This is all good and won't change.
However, there's a large user base still on 1.8.x, etc. who can't
upgrade to the current 3.x series because they're on RHEL 6 or
crazy-stable Debian or similar.
For the record next stable Debian release (Jessie) will ship 3.12.x
and no one asked for providing meld 1.8.x/3.x in wheezy-backports yet.
;-)

I'm struggling to even find the time to squish current 3.x Meld into
the shape I think it should be, so have no spare cycles to contemplate
proper maintenance of 1.8.x, let alone the existence of a 1.9 series.
If, however, there is someone out there interested in maintaining a
GTK+ 2 branch of Meld then please speak up!
I was thinking about providing a meld-gtk2 package in Debian, but as
long as meld 1.8.6-1 [1] works fine on latest testing/stable I don't
feel the need for it.

Cheers,
Balint

PS: Thanks for all your work on Meld, Kai!

[1] http://snapshot.debian.org/package/meld/1.8.6-1/