Re: Re: Problem with Meld 3.11.0

On 28 February 2014 20:15, Claudio Fischer <claudio fischer freenet de> wrote:
        Hi Balint,

thank you, meld 3.11.0 is running fine now! My problem was:
By installing the debian package you mentioned, I got a error that "gir1.2-gtksource-3.0" is missing.
After installing the missing package by "sudo apt-get install gir1.2-gtksource-3.0"
I was able to install meld by "sudo dpkg -i meld_3.11.0-1_all.deb"
thanks!

@Kai
maybe it is a good idea for the meld website to point to the newest meld debian packages, Balint is doing.
I didnt find them myself. And installing / uninstalling a package is much easier and auto checks for
dependencies.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. We already suggest that people get
packages from their distribution; what else would we do?

cheers,
Kai