Re: Re: comparing files created on a Windows machine containing special characters

On 27 August 2014 20:55, Claudio Fischer <claudio fischer freenet de> wrote:
thanks,
sorry to mention that I'm         working on Ubuntu 14.04 64 Bit,
not on Windows, only the files were created on Windows.
I'm running meld without install directly ~/meld-3.11.3/bin/meld.
Is there a workaround I can use?

Try:
    gsettings set org.gnome.meld detect-encodings "['utf8', 'latin1']"

which should set Meld to fall back to latin1 by default. I *strongly*
encourage you to remove this setting once this has been fixed in Meld
proper.

cheers,
Kai