Re: comparing files created on a Windows machine containing special characters

On 27 August 2014 18:33, Claudio Fischer <claudio fischer freenet de> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Meld 3.11.3 and have problems comparing files created on a Windows
machine.

Try comparing the attached file1.c and file2.c.

The files are created with the Editor Notepad on Windows XP.

file1.c contains the character "ΓΌ" in Hex 0xFC.

Meld 3.11.3 cant open file1.c and shows "Could not read file - file1.c is
not in encodings: ['utf8']"

In Meld 1.8.6 there is no problem comparing these files.

This is the same problem Angel mentioned in the "Meld 3.11.3" thread.
I've responded there. I'm sorry that I can't give you an immediate
workaround. If no one else figures out gsettings on Windows soon, I'll
see whether I can find the necessary incantations.

cheers,
Kai