Re: Meld 1.7.5 released

On Sep 9, 2013 2:10 PM, "Keegan Witt" <keeganwitt gmail com> wrote:
<snip awesome stuff>
> I'm thinking of releasing new binaries without waiting for another Meld release.  Does that sound reasonable?  Or is 1.8 just around the corner that I should just wait?

No one has complained about anything breaking in 1.7.5, so chances are that I'll release 1.8 this weekend, assuming I get some time.

> At some point, I think it'd also be good to make the installer multilingual.

That sounds like a good call. I'm not sure how you'd want to do that... Working within the gnome translation infrastructure would be ideal, but maybe quite a bit of hassle to integrate with a windows installed? I don't know. If we were going to try to move windows builds to meld proper, then this would be a motivating factor.

Another concern for the windows port is that the next unstable series is going to move to Gtk+ 3, and I'm not sure what the story is like for pygobject introspection on windows.

Cheers,
Kai