Re: Python PEP 8 Checker

On 8 May 2013 09:26, Daniel Smith <smith daniel br gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I haven't contributed to Meld in the past, but a friend of mine and I
were talking and thought a graphical interface to a PEP 8 checker
would be awesome. It seems to me like such a tool would be a good fit
for an existing comparison editor. My thought was that Meld would be a
natural fit for the tool.

I don't think I understand how you'd see this checker integrated into
Meld. Any chance you could provide some more details?

Is this a feature you think would make sense to add to Meld? Or at
least as some kind of optional add-on?

I don't think it would make sense in Meld itself, but it sounds like
something that would certainly make sense as a plug-in. Unfortunately,
Meld doesn't actually have a plug-in infrastructure yet; it's on my
very long to-do list. However, my guess is that *if* such an
infrastructure existed, and if there was a PEP8 checker plugin, people
would use it. Not the most helpful answer I know...

cheers,
Kai