Re: Version control support call for help

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
Oh, it's definitely followable. Your confusion is 100% warranted. I
think you're starting to see why I'm so scared of our VC subsystem.

We don't have a documented API. Even if we *did* have an API, most of
these modules were created by someone copying another module and
munging things until they worked. So even if there was originally an
implicit API, it's long since died and we're left with a hunk of stuff
that mostly works but OH GOD DON'T TOUCH IT.

So when I say that we should leave this stuff working the way it works
now and come up with a *completely new parallel API* that makes
sense... this is why.

I have written a VC module for Veracity that I'd eventually like to
contribute. It works for the day-to-day stuff I do, but it is by no
means complete. So if you come up with a VC API, I'd be happy to be a
guinea pig and re-implement what I have to use the new API plus round
out the capabilities and get it ready for prime-time.

--chuck