Re: Version control support call for help

I'll have a look at this after I finish wading through the bzr changes.
I think it's particularly important for things such as push and pull - silent failures are bad.

--
Louis

On 12 June 2013 06:21, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 11 June 2013 12:03, Louis des Landes <louis obsidian com au> wrote:
<snip>
> On 10 June 2013 09:33, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
>> Yeah, these aren't checked yet. All my API playground did was move the
>> execution control into the VC module. It would be great to have a plan
>> that made sense for error reporting for errors from VC modules.
>
> A bit of a look through, these are passed down to the scheduler, which
> stores the error output on a consolestream object (self.consolestream on the
> vcview)
> I would have thought if we get output on stderr we should be raising a the
> dialog - but this only actually happens if there's an IOError (ie something
> gets screwed up with the pipes themselves, not that the stderr pipe contains
> an error)
> Should this behaviour be changed perhaps?

Unfortunately we can't. Some VCs *love* to dump stuff to stderr, even
when there wasn't an actual problem (*ahem* Git), presumably on the
basis that even if you've redirected stdout somewhere you'll still see
it. I think we need to do what you suggested and check the error code,
raising some kind of notification (maybe just an infobar) if we get an
error response.

cheers,
Kai