Re: Meld 1.7.3 released

I wouldn't be opposed to that.  I have build instructions, but there's no build script just yet.  I've thought about it, but I've been trying to think of a way to do it that doesn't involve setting up a ton of prerequisites (Windows' scripting ability is pretty crumby compared to Linux).  I think the prerequisite of having NSIS and AutoHotkey on your path is unavoidable though.  What Perica did was check the binaries needed for scripting into the project itself.  This may be what I end up doing, but I'd prefer something not so heavy-handed if possible.

-Keegan

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 22 June 2013 16:24, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt gmail com> wrote:
> FYI: Perica told me today that he's put his source for Portable Python up on
> GitHub: https://github.com/pericazivkovic/portablepython.  I've not read all
> the code yet, but it looks pretty easy to use.

Sorry for the delay. Yeah, that looks pretty reasonable to me as well.
I'm not sure how or whether you're interested in integrating your
build into Meld proper, but I don't think there's any reason we can't
host  the binaries on gnome.org if that ends up being useful. As far
as I'm concerned, the only real prerequisite (other than the
licensing, obviously) is that the build is reproducible with nothing
other than the build script and instructions provided. I'm not sure
how far from that you are; it would be cool to have 'official' windows
binaries.

cheers,
Kai