Automatically execute "Changes->Merge all non-conflicting" on startup

Hi,

I contribute to the mercurial project from time to time. Because of that I follow the mercurial mailing list. Recently there has been a thread discussing ways to improve the meld configuration that ships with mercurial.

The main issue is with the merge mode configuration. Currently we use the following command line :

meld --label='local' $local --label='base' $base --label='other' $other

Where $local, $base and $other are replaced by the corresponding file names.

This forces users to make their changes on the left, local panel.

It has been proposed to change it to:

meld --label='local' $local --label='merge' $base --label='other' $other -o $output

With this change users would make their changes in the "base" central panel which we would probably rename to "merge".

The issue is that meld does not automatically try to merge the input files. Instead you must manually click on the " "Changes->Merge all non-conflicting" menu item. This is confusing to users because

My question is, is there a way to force meld to merge the non conflicting changes when it starts? If not it would be great if it did, perhaps by adding a "--merge" command line flag?

Cheers,

Angel