Re: Background color always white?

I'm referring to the system gtk+ theme. In your case: http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title=Using_gtk_themes

GTK2 apps are limited somewhat... and background / foreground colours of text entry areas of a single application cannot be customized (afaik).

In my case I'm using a dark gtk2 theme based on Adwaita which sets the text entry background/foreground entry areas on a system wide level, then used a gtkrc.2.0 file to change the highlight backgrounds.

The line in question which should set these colours is:
gtk-color-scheme = "base_color:#4f524f\nfg_color:#eeeeec\ntooltip_fg_color:#eeeeee\nselected_bg_color:#3465a4\nselected_fg_color:#eeeeec\ntext_color:#eeeeec\nbg_color:#393f3f\ntooltip_bg_color:#000000"

Hopefully this may help? I can provide the actual theme I'm using if you like =)

--
Louis