Re: Meld 1.7.2 released

On 23 April 2013 12:54, Daniel Macks <dmacks netspace org> wrote:
Pushed to fink for OS X 10.5-10.8. Some technical detail regarding meld line
105:

    # OS X doesn't appear to have bindtextdomain(). This will cause
    # gtk.Builder translations to fail.
the upstream bug is http://bugs.python.org/issue6154 but the fix only
appears to have been committed for release as of python3.1. It doesn't
actually appear to be a *mac* error, but rather general to any platform that
needs -lintl to get that function (fink does not do a "framework" build of
python). Fink's own python2.7 interp cherry-picked it and now localization
works on my mac. woot!

Thanks for the details. I've updated the comment, though it seems like
there's precious little we can do about it without bundling our own
Python...

cheers,
Kai