Re: UTF-16 support?

On 4 April 2013 11:38, Keegan Witt <keeganwitt gmail com> wrote:
Would it be helpful to have the option to change the encoding on the fly
like jEdit's "reload with encoding"?

Something like that would definitely be good.

I have a branch that does something like this, basically
reimplementing a gedit-style character encoding dropdown in the file
open dialog. This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it's almost
there. Some of the recent file selection changes broke the patch
though, and I haven't had time to fix it.

The other (additional) option would be to have a "Try different
encoding..." button in our infobox when we hit encoding issues.

cheers,
Kai