Re: Changing conflict colors in gtk-3 theme

Thanks for the info!
I was able to checkout meld from git and customise the colors in the gtkrc file directly ;)

But I'm still not able to use custom colors in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 . I copied the color config from gtkrc to  ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and modified the colors. I also replace 'lowest' with 'highest' priority. But these changes don't show up.

Not a problem for me, as I'm quite happy to use the modified version for now.

Thank again!
Francois

On 27 October 2012 21:14, Kai Willadsen <kai willadsen gmail com> wrote:
On 28 October 2012 02:49, Francois du Toit <fpdutoit lists gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using a rather dark gtk-3 theme, and the colors are hard to read in
> meld. I am able to edit the theme, but have no idea what keys/names to add
> to the theme. Any pointers in the right direction will be appreciated.
>
> PS. I know meld usesa custom gtkrc for colors - but as I understand it,
> gtk-3 themes ignore this file.

As far as I know, GTK3 themes won't ignore gtkrc stuff for non-GTK3
apps, and Meld doesn't (yet) support GTK 3. Documentation for
customising the colours is in-progress, but in the meantime...

All of the customisable colours are listed in data/gtkrc
(http://git.gnome.org/browse/meld/tree/data/gtkrc). -bg and -outline
are used for file comparisons, the side bar and the central bar. -text
is used for folder and version control comparisons. With the exception
of current-line-highlight, everything is named in terms of the state
it's used to represent in a comparison.

To override these colours (assuming you're running Meld from recent
git... the version with gtkrc support is unreleased) you can either
directly edit the gtkrc file Meld reads, or create a "~/.gtkrc-2.0"
file of your own to add overrides to. You probably want to increase
the priority from the "lowest" that we use by default.

Hope that helps.

cheers,
Kai

--