RE: error in meld operation...

Hello Kai

Further to the em below, I have indeed "upgraded" to v1.60 but today I had the same error...
I have to say that the information you require does not seem to make any sense - but then maybe your speaking 'nix and I am not translating properly!
Also, a really NICE feature to consider, is allowing users (i.e. me!) to return to the SVN folder used last time meld was run.
I appreciate proper 'nix people never switch off their machines and certainly never close applications, but those of us who want to save the planet tend to do this and it is a really unfriendly thing to have to open the same version control url/folder every time...

Hope you can help!

Invoking 'patch' failed.

Maybe you don't have 'GNU patch' installed,
or you use an untested version of Subversion.

Please send email bug report to:
meld-list gnome org

Containing the following information:

- meld version: '1.6.0'
- source control software type: 'Subversion'
- source control software version: 'X.Y.Z'
- the output of 'svn diff --diff-cmd diff somefile.txt'

Subversion command-line client, version 1.6.12.

- patch command: 'patch -p0 -R -d /tmp/tmpzVqant-meld'
(no need to actually run it, just provide
the command line)

Replace 'X.Y.Z' by the actual version for the
source control software you use.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Mark Davey
R & D Software Engineer

Tel.      +49-(0)89-2000414-0
Fax      +49-(0)89-2000414-999
Mail      mark davey heliocentris de
On 18 September 2012 17:08, Mark Davey <Mark Davey heliocentris com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> This was reported first attempt at using meld! Am trying to ween myself off BeyondCompare in an evironment where no BC exists!
> Not an expert so may not have al the
>
> Invoking 'patch' failed.
>
> Maybe you don't have 'GNU patch' installed,
> or you use an untested version of Subversion.
>
> Please send email bug report to:
> meld-list gnome org
>
> Containing the following information:
>
> - meld version: '1.3.2'
> - source control software type: 'Subversion'
> - source control software version: 'X.Y.Z'
> - the output of 'svn diff somefile.txt'
> - patch command: 'patch --strip=0 --reverse --directory=/tmp/tmp_Or_DF-meld'
> (no need to actually run it, just provide
> the command line)
>
> Replace 'X.Y.Z' by the actual version for the
> source control software you use.
>

> $svn --version
> svn, version 1.6.12 (r955767)
>    compiled May 31 2011, 19:23:20
> Meld 1.3.2
> $ svn diff iom6_plus/lib/dm/eml_dh.c patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.

Sorry, but Meld 1.3.2 is *really* old by now. Please try with Meld
1.6, which you can get from:
    http://meldmerge.org/
You don't need to install it; Meld will run just fine from the
unarchived directory.

There are still a couple of cases where you might get that kind of
error: SVN keyword expansions, and auto CRLF conversions. If it's not
one of these two cases, and you still see the problem in Meld 1.6,
please follow-up with further details (OS, how you're invoking Meld,
what svn status says, etc.).

cheers,
Kai