Re: ghelp

On 5 May 2012 02:08, Mark Mikofski <bwanamarko yahoo com> wrote:
> When I click help from the menu bar, I get the following traceback:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "c:\meld\meld\meldwindow.py", line 475, in on_menu_help_activate
>     misc.open_uri("ghelp:///"+os.path.abspath(paths.help_dir("C/meld.xml")))
>   File "c:\meld\meld\misc.py", line 85, in open_uri
>     gtk.show_uri(gtk.gdk.screen_get_default(), uri, timestamp)
> glib.GError: Error stating file 'C:\Documents and Settings\mmikofski\My
> Document
> s\ghelp:\c:\meld\help\C\meld.xml': No such file or directory
>

> Note: I have meld in c:\meld, and it is running through sh.exe (msysgit)
>
> Can anyone tell me where the ghelp module is?
> Is this a dependency that I should install?
> I could not find it in glib or gtk anywhere, but I didn't know where to look
>
> meld: 1.6.0
> PyGTK+ 2.24.2
> python 2.7.3
> WindowsXPSP3-MSYS

The ghelp:// uri-alike is handled by Yelp when running under Gnome,
but unfortunately I don't know whether there's any way to deal with in
Windows. The manual is in docbook format in meld/help/C/meld.xml, so
if you can find a docbook viewer (or just strip out the XML tags)
you'll get a reasonably readable document. Sorry I can't recommend
anything more useful at the moment.

cheers,
Kai