Re: Meld 1.5.3 released

Hi Kai,

2012/1/26 Kai <kai willadsen gmail com>:
> Meld 1.5.3 has been released.
Great! May users will be very thankful for this release, too!

> Aside from all the very-wonderful features and fixes, we now have a new website!
>    http://meldmerge.org
> It's kind of like the old one, except that it's been updated this
> decade. It's really very exciting. Of course, you'll probably only go
> there long enough to click on the big ol' download button, and that
> link is at the bottom of this email anyway, so... yeah. Not that
> exciting I suppose.
Great new site! It is much nicer and cleaner than the previous one.

Do you plan showing some statistics about the number of
downloads/estimates userbase on the new page?
If you plan so, probably it would be useful to mention installations
of distributed packages as well:
http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=meld

AFAIK Ubuntu does not generate a graph, just a few reports:
http://popcon.ubuntu.com/
#Format
#
#<name> is the package name;
#<inst> is the number of people who installed this package;
#<vote> is the number of people who use this package regularly;
#<old> is the number of people who installed, but don't use this package
#        regularly;
#<recent> is the number of people who upgraded this package recently;
#<no-files> is the number of people whose entry didn't contain enough
#        information (atime and ctime were 0).
#rank name                            inst  vote   old recent no-files
(maintainer)
4285  meld                           91655  3200 87400  1028    27
(Ross Burton)

Since popcon uses atime for differentiating between vote and old and
maintaining atime is frequently turned off to save IO operations the
actual number for vote
may be way higher than the estimation.

I think the Meld roadmap would also be a very useful addition to the
new website.
I have been asked about the Meld roadmap many times and  I had to
direct the people to
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/meld-list/2010-July/msg00000.html for
the information.

Cheers,