Re: meld 1.5.2 release?

On 18 July 2011 22:44, Julian Taylor <jtaylor debian googlemail com> wrote:
> Hi,
> What is the timescale for a 1.5.2 or even a 1.6 release?

There's no time scale at the moment. Development is in a slightly odd
place; I've been thinking that the 1.6 release series will be the last
Gtk+ 2 releases, and in theory any shiny new features for Gtk+ 2 users
should be in place before that branch happens. Of course, features
need someone driving them, and we're lacking in someones.

> I'm asking because ubuntu natty/oneiric for some reason ended up with
> the 1.5 development release in its archive which does sport a number of
> bugs (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/meld) of which many have
> been fixed in git, e.g. #786134 and #770549.
> On august 11th is the oneiric feature freeze, so I would like to know if
> I should pull a git snapshot for oneiric or if there will still be a
> release/tag before that?

Releases in the 'development' series tend to happen whenever I think
things look alright. Things looks alright at the moment, so if it
would be helpful then I guess there could be a 1.5.2 release around
the corner. I'll try to look into it sometime in the next week or so.

cheers,
Kai