Re: Make meld ignore comments

On 2011-12-14, Christoph Siefer <siefer sym net> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new to the list. As I could not find any relevant info on how to
> make meld ignore multiline-comments like
>
> /*
>  * ignorable
>  * text
> */

Dealing programmatically with multi-line comments is difficult (in
general).  That's one reason why many years ago I switched over to
exclusively using "//" style comments:

//
// ignorable
// tex
//

I know that doesn't help your current situation unless you're willing
to convert the source files (which might be something worth
considering).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm reporting for duty
                                  at               as a modern person.  I want