Re: keyboard accelerators

> This has always been the plan. I have a local branch that makes the
> Alt-Up/Down change (it's harder than it should be if you consider a
> range of sourceview backends). However, I haven't pushed it because I
> didn't want to simply remove the Ctrl-D/E bindings --- I'm sure many
> people are used to them by now --- and I don't know Gtk's keybinding
> mechanisms well enough to add them as additional options for those
> actions.

Ah, this is good news.

> > 2. When I am at a change, I think of myself as being at that change, rather
> > than in a particular file. As a result it is surprising that you can only
> > Pull and Push from the file that is selected. Would it not be simpler to
> > push in either direction and just allow Alt-Left and Alt-Right, removing the
> > Shift-Alt-* menu option completely?
>
> I don't think I understand the idea. You can already push and pull in
> either direction... are you talking about having change actions always
> be relative to the middle pane or something?

I only use Meld in a 2-diff mode currently, I use kdiff3 for a 3-way
merge as I found the interface more intuitive than meld 1.3.0. I'll
give it another go. Anyway, what I mean is that if you run meld in
2-diff mode on a pair of files and you are at a particular change, you
will only be able to push to right and pull from right (if the left
pane has focus) or push to left and pull from left (if the right pane
has focus). In this 2-diff mode it seems to make more sense to just be
able to push to left or push to right at any given time rather than
remembering which pane has focus and switching the arrow key you use.

Cheers,
Robin