Re: BUG REPORT: Invoking 'patch' failed.

On 26 August 2010 23:15, alex 1 brown nokia com <alex 1 brown nokia com> wrote:
> Just installed meld and get "Invoking 'patch' failed."

We *really* need to fix this dialog to be more useful. The output we
request... doesn't actually help that much.

<snip>
> - source control software type: 'Subversion'

There are a range of issues with svn that can throw up this problem:
 - spaces in the username of the last commit (bug #597631)
 - svn keyword expansion (bug #557615)
 - svn:eol-style (bug #613685)
 - specifying a diff command (bug #587079)

The first of these is a problem with our status parsing, and will be
fixed after we branch for 1.4.

The rest are the result of Meld expecting that we can reverse-apply
the diff that subversion gives us to what we get from the file system
itself. These subversion options break that assumption. In most cases,
svn doesn't give us any sane way to circumvent these options, though I
think that when 1.7 is released we'll be able to fix the last.

I'd be overjoyed if someone with a decent knowledge of svn stepped up
to try and fix these issues.

> - the output of 'svn diff somefile.txt'
<snip>

I can't see anything obvious in this output; maybe you can tell
whether you're seeing one of the above issues.

cheers,
Kai